Friday, March 8, 2013

Moldova 2013!


Dear Friends and Family,

Each year as I sit down to write what would be the ‘traditional missions support letter,’ I reflect on what God has done and is continuing to do in my life, and I am humbled and astounded by His sovereignty and faithfulness!  I am so grateful for how He pursues each of us and leads us on our own unique path.  As I prepare for my seventh trip since 2009, my heart bursts with joy and awe – I never would have dreamed the Lord would lead me around the world like He has! 

This June, I am leading a team of 9 people to Moldova, a small country in Eastern Europe.  Moldova is surrounded by Ukraine on the north, south, and eastern borders, and Romania on the west.  It is the poorest country in Europe and is plagued by the problems generally associated with that area of the world.  Our team will lead an English Kids Camp for the children of God’s Design Church and the capital city of Chisinau.  English is an incredibly advantageous skill to have which provides us a great opportunity to invest in and love on the kids attending the camp!  “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.” Luke 18:15

Many of you may wonder about Kenya – my heart is for my Kenyan friends, however it does not look like I will be able to travel to Africa this summer.  I am currently earning an endorsement with Fulton County Schools to become a Talented and Gifted teacher, which the last classes of the program fall during the time the education committee would travel to Kenya (late May/early June). However, a trip later in the year is not off the table!  If you are interested in learning more about sponsoring a precious child for a little more than $1 a day and changing the destructive cycle of poverty in Dandora, visit our website http://kenyachildrensfund.org/sponsorship/index.php or please let me know!  I’d love to connect 25 children with sponsors this spring! 

With a servant heart, I am prayerfully preparing for my trip to Moldova! Please join me in taking part in God’s story around the globe and partner with me through prayer and/or financial support.  By God’s grace and generosity of donors, over half of my fundraising goal has already been met!  The remaining amount to raise is $1,400 by April 1.  If you feel led to give, please donate online here: https://globalx.managedmissions.com/MyTrip/jenniferserafin1.

Most importantly, I am in need of prayers to serve, love, and give freely to the Lord's people around the world.  I am nothing without Him and His guidance, so please pray for eyes to see and ears to hear Him and His direction.

If anything about my journey intrigues you, I’d love to share more about what God is doing in Atlanta as well as all around the world.

Gratefully His,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment